What is an Oxygen Bar?
An oxygen bar is a Kiosk or a place that offers non-medical oxygen mixed with various scents including aromatherapy. The air we normally breathe contains about 21% oxygen and 78% nitrogen. Other gases like carbon dioxide,
argon and trace gases make up the remaining 1%. The oxygen bar delivers between 90 and 92% oxygen at
3 liters per minute per person, allowing you to breathe 4 to 5 times the normal amount of oxygen.
These oxygen bars uplift and refresh you as well as detoxify, giving you an overall good feeling and allows
you to get your 2ND WIND!
Benefits of Oxygen Therapy
There are many benefits to breathing in oxygen-enriched air at an oxygen bar.
- Heightened concentration, alertness, and memory
- Increase in energy (90% of our energy comes from oxygen and only 10% from food and water)
- 50-70% increase of oxygen in each cell
- Quicker recovery after physical exertion
- Improvement in digestion and cell metabolism
- Relief of muscle stiffness
- Improvement in sleep patterns
- Oxidization of impurities in the body
- Improvement in endurance
**Please note that oxygen bars are only for recreational and entertainment purposes and are not to be used for the
treatment of any medical condition or illness.**
How does it make you feel?
Breathing higher concentrations of oxygen has several benefits. The most commonly reported benefits are:
- increased energy
- an uplifted refreshed feeling
- clearing the mind
- relief of toxic headaches such as
the hangover, relief of stress and promotion of higher concentration levels
- Oxygen is also a known
detoxifier that oxidizes pollutants like carbon monoxide and lactic acid to reduce muscle soreness after exercise.
Stress and Oxygen
In our modern day lives, we deal with stress from a variety of sources and there is no doubt as to the toll this can take on our bodies. We are now living in an environment where the air is more polluted than in previous eras, making oxygen extraction more difficult for our life-support.
There are five major causes of stress and how they affect the use of oxygen within our bodies:
1. Toxic stress – If you live in a polluted environment, there is a constant need for cellular detoxification from chemical exposure.
2. Motional stress- This type of stress produces adrenaline and adrenaline-related hormones, requiring the body to draw on its oxygen reserves for their production and eventual oxidation.
3. Physical trauma – This type of stress reduces circulation and oxygen supply.
4. Infections – Infections use up oxygen to combat bacteria, fungi, and viruses.
5. An acidic diet- This kind of diet produces an excessive number of hydrogen ions in the tissues that combine with and also use up oxygen. Acidity also stresses the body to balance itself and become more alkaline by taking calcium from our bones.
WALK INS ARE AVAILABLE OR YOU CAN BOOK IN ADVANCE!! ASK US HOW 403-556-1134
Infared Sauna Therapy
Stand Alone Treatments:
30 Mins Stand Alone Treatment………….$ 45
45 Mins Stand Alone Treatment………….$ 60
60 Mins Stand Alone Treatment………….$ 85
Add on with a Massage:
30 Mins Add on to Massage………………..$ 35
45 Mins Add on to Massage………………..$ 50
60 Mins Add on to Massage………………..$ 70
FULL BODY SCRUB
Enjoy a Full Body Scrub following your Infra Red Treatment……………………………………………$45
Infrared Sauna Blanket Benefits:
* Calm your mind * Relieve aches & pains
* Burn calories * Reduce Inflammation
* Get your sweat detox going With 96 Jade & Tourmaline stones, EMF blocking technology, carbon fiber heating, certified toxin-free materials, and Independent testing from accredited labs for safety & effectiveness.
DID YOU KNOW
When you add Infrared Sauna Therapy to your massage, most insurance companies will authorize payment for both services.
Please check with our office if you are unsure, or better yet, complete our Direct Billing authorization and we will be able to tell you the amount approved by your insurance company.
INFRARED SAUNA THERAPY
Wondering whether an infrared sauna blanket is right for you? If you answer yes to one of these statements below, then you are going to love the Heat Healer Infrared Sauna Blanket:
• You want to enjoy the benefits of infrared heat to help calm your mind, relieve aches & pains, burn calories, reduce inflammation and get your sweat detox going.
• You want an opportunity and be in an environment to enjoy the infrared sauna and experience the health benefits of an add on with a Massage treatment and or a body scrub
• You want 30-60 minutes solely to yourself, without any distractions whilst your body & mind is rejuvenated, and an excuse to relax and have some needed “me” time.
Will you sweat during your first session?
Maybe, but maybe not. Everyone sweats differently and it may take you a few uses of the Heat Healer to work out the optimal temperature and conditions in order to bring on a sweat. For example, you may need to adjust the temperature up or allow the Heat Healer to pre-heat for longer.
It is also important to try and lay still during use of the Heat Healer. Moving around and fidgeting too much will allow heat to escape from the sauna blanket.
Ensure you are well hydrated. It sounds obvious, but being well hydrated will help you to sweat more. Please ensure you bring water into this treatment with you.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING THE HEAT HEALER
The benefits of infrared saunas and other types of heat therapy have been well documented and can include:
– Natural pain relief
– Stronger immune system
– Improved skin condition
– Better sleep and more energy Weight loss
– Improved mental well-being
– Stronger cardiovascular health
What to expect during your sauna session
Infrared sauna is a different experience than traditional dry Finish sauna. A traditional dry sauna will heat the air around you and you will immediately feel it as you enter the sauna. With infrared sauna (like the Heat Healer) your body is being warmed directly and this is a more gradual process.
For most people, the first 30-minutes will feel warm and snug, whilst in the second 30-minutes things will start to feel more intense. If you have any pre-existing medical conditions, make sure to check with your doctor first before using the Heat Healer.
Do not use the Heat Healer if you are pregnant, under the age of 16 or under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Hours of Availability
Wednesday: 10:00 am-5:00pm
Thursday: 12:00 pm-7:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 am-5:00pm
Foot Reflexology- (45 min) $70
Initial Consultation (15 min) $20
Ear Seeds (30 min) $65
Herbal Remedies & Tinctures price may varyPlease Note: I am unable to Direct Bill for my Services and you will not have insurance coverage at this time. I recently moved to Alberta and am in the process of obtaining the required Alberta Certifications.